Our services are beneficial to scale, well and reservoir management for both conventional and unconventional resources.
Typical projects we undertake include:
- Full-field evaluation of formation water and produced water analyses to obtain information beneficial to those responsible for scale, well and reservoir management.
- Evaluation of the quality of formation water samples/analyses obtained from appraisal wells (or core) and (where necessary) estimation of representative formation water compositions to minimise field development planning risks.
- ‘Targeted’ studies to extract specific information from formation water and produced water analyses. For example:
- Identifying and quantifying injection water breakthrough in specific wells or across the field with time.
- Demonstrating reduction of scale risk due to the occurrence of reservoir reactions.
- Water allocation.
- Identifying the source of water production.
- Providing evidence for zones of reduced connectivity in the reservoir.
- Trouble-shooting well scale problems to understand their cause(s).
- Full-field scale risk assessments and injection water selection studies.
- Provision of bespoke sampling and analysis advice.
Please click on the links below to see the benefits of, and background information on, each service together with related publications authored by Oilfield Water Services personnel.